LaunchBox Community Forums

looking to add my ps3 games to launchbox, need help

A_Clever_Monocle

so i was wondering how I could get my ps3 games onto launchbox, and launchbox does not show the rpcs3 as an emulator I can add so how are people adding ps3 games to their launchbox setups I would really love to have all my games in one place so i don't have to keep drudging up old consoles (and disks).

Edited by A_Clever_Monocle

what you type in the associated platform tab has to match what you name the platform in LB so if you want to call it PS3 you will do PS3 if you want Sony Playstation 3 you will do that or if you want Playstation 3 do that but it has to match.

• 3 months later...

Hello. I was getting into creating emulators recently and began to add a few games for PS1 and PS2. I just began with adding a .pkg file for RPCS3 without realizing that  you need a disk to play so I saw in video that you can download from the PSN Store and get it to the emulator somehow with some sort of verification to use without a disk. Most of this is foreign to me until I do it a few times. How do you get the PSN Store downloads to my Windows folders and the verification to then play in the emulator? The RPCS3 site is sometimes complicated to understand. That's from their site regarding PSN Store.

"For dumping digital games, you must copy the game folder from dev_hdd0/game/GameID on your console over to the same path on your RPCS3 folder. You also need to get your console's IDPS, the game's RIF and ACT.DAT, in order to generate a .RAP license file to be used in the emulator.
It is also possible to dump digital content and licenses on any PS3 even without custom firmware, by the way of creating a system backup, and then extracting it with ps3xport software."

Thanks for any assistance. 

Edited by Keith Krummel