LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox Search Bar Broken

shakex

Hi All,

I can't seem to fix this issue and was hoping someone could provide a fix.  I've loaded a startup video and now my search bar in big box no longer displays alphabet letters on the search or jump to bar.  Has anyone experience this and knows how to fix it?  I've added a picture to show exactly what I'm describing:

Search Bar broken.png

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You could also try the other included theme and see if you get the same problem there.

The issue also persists when I use the CriticalZoneV2 theme.  I've also tried another computer and it still happens.  This is super weird.

No, I can't duplicate unless it's a brand new issue or something (haven't tested that in particular with the latest betas). Most people use a startup video so we'd have people screaming left and right if it was a common issue. Are you using the same LaunchBox collection on both machines?

Just now, Jason Carr said:

No, I can't duplicate unless it's a brand new issue or something (haven't tested that in particular with the latest betas). Most people use a startup video so we'd have people screaming left and right if it was a common issue. Are you using the same LaunchBox collection on both machines?

No.  Different collection on my alienware and arcade cab.  Ugh.  I'm think of uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

Just now, shakex said:

No.  Different collection on my alienware and arcade cab.  Ugh.  I'm think of uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that helps.

I have just tested both the default themes here on my system, i use a startup video myself, and i cant replicate the issue either unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Also, what version of LaunchBox are you using? What version of Windows are you running? What are the specs of both machines?

Alienware laptop: Win 10 Home, GTX 970M, Intel Core i7-6700HQ, 1TB M.2 Sata

Arcade Cab: Win 10 Home, GTX 960, AMD processor, 500GB SSD

Launchbox 8.3 for both

Edited by shakex

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I have just tested both the default themes here on my system, i use a startup video myself, and i cant replicate the issue either unfortunately.

OK.  I will uninstall and reinstall.  Thanks for the quick help.

1 minute ago, Jason Carr said:

Wow, that's really strange. Idk, maybe it could be the particular startup video? What startup video is it? I have to admit I'm pretty baffled.

I'm using the Blue Explosion Startup Video downloaded from the Download section.

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

I have just tested with the same startup video with no issues here unfortunately.

Unfortunately, things have to always be tough for me.  I'm going to look at this again later today but I've looked at it as much as I wanted to right now.