LaunchBox Community Forums

Taito type x gamepad setup....

Lukeyboy67

I followed Unbroken's YT guide to setup Taito Type X in Launchbox and everything's fine apart from configuring my gamepad. It just doesn't register that I have a gamepad plugged in. If I go into the rom folder and run xpad_config still no responce. I'm using a wired Xbox One controller. Any help would be much appreciated.

Some games work fine with the gamepad but some don't. I use XPadder to configure key strokes to gamepad controls. I use Rocketlaucher in addition to Launchbox, so in Rocketlauncher I'm able to assign specific Xpadder profiles to each game.

Also, turn off your anti-virus or it will start deleting files inside your Taito game folders. Taito games are generally a pain to setup.

• Like 1

Are you using Taito Type X Loader? I usually move my games to the Taito Type X Loader, set everything up there (resolution and controls if the game allows it), run the game just to make sure everything is working and once that's done I move them back to my roms folder. Taito Type X Loader creates a config file inside each game. It's the easiest way to set them up. Some will still require xpadder and some only work on NVidea video cards.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2018 at 7:11 PM, Lukeyboy67 said:

I grabbed Xpadder and after a bit of head scratching I got it to work. I have to configure each game separatly but at least I can play em now. Cheers Styphlus :)

how did you manage that? I mapped my keyboard to the controller, and still nothing, im trying super street fighter 4 and nadda... and all the tutorials on youtube are the same damn thing... its driving me nuts.