LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem setting up Platforms

Starbuck

Getting close to the 10,000 games imported. I have started to split my games up into small bite size categories and have encountered a problem. When I just had one category for a platform,(Example - MSX)  Retroarch worked with no problem Now that I have split the platform up I get an error. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Example: I have a platform named: Microsoft MSX - Games - [CAS]. When I try to load it thru Retroarch, I get an error message saying that the platform is not a known system under Retroarch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

You will need to add it as a associated platform for retroarch. Just go to tools/manage emulators/Retroarchh and scroll to the bottom and double click in the blue box, type the name exactly as it is called in the sidebar and point it to the core you want to use.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I've done that several times. The error message reads Your Systemname: Microsoft MSX - Games - [CAS]  is not one of the known systems for for this Retroarch module: Retroarch

11 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Thank you for the quick reply.

I've done that several times. The error message reads Your Systemname: Microsoft MSX - Games - [CAS]  is not one of the known systems for for this Retroarch module: Retroarch

That sounds like you are using RocketLauncher as it mentions the module, is that the case?

34 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

That sounds like you are using RocketLauncher as it mentions the module, is that the case?

Yes Sir.

If I put the games back in the MSX folder, they  work fine. I checked Rockerlauncher and they are pointing to the right folders. Could the dashes or another character be causing they problem?

6 minutes ago, Starbuck said:

Yes Sir.

If I put the games back in the MSX folder, they  work fine. I checked Rockerlauncher and they are pointing to the right folders. Could the dashes or another character be causing they problem?

Lol, well that would of been useful information in the first post. :) Then you shouldn't be doing anything with retroarch in Launchbox as RocketLauncher is the emulater not Retroarch. You will need to edit the retroarch module in rocketlauncher to recognize the non standard systems you are trying to use. The module will only recognize Correct platforms names and you are setting up non correct platform names, this is a rocketlauncher drawback and nothing to do with Launchbox im afraid. You will just have to get your hands dirty by editing the module.

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Lol, well that would of been useful information in the first post. :) Then you shouldn't be doing anything with retroarch in Launchbox as RocketLauncher is the emulater not Retroarch. You will need to edit the retroarch module in rocketlauncher to recognize the non standard systems you are trying to use. The module will only recognize Correct platforms names and you are setting up non correct platform names, this is a rocketlauncher drawback and nothing to do with Launchbox im afraid. You will just have to get your hands dirty by editing the module.

My bad. I'll only use Rockertlauncher because of the many bezels available. I'll play with rocket launcher ans see what I can come up with. Or I may just try to do it thru Retroarch and bypass the bezels

Thank you so much for your help