LaunchBox Community Forums

add a video manually

metamorphic

You can check if LaunchBox has recognised your game videos by opening the Other window inside the Game Edit window.
If your video paths are shown here, then check that Auto Play Videos is enabled in the View dropdown, and that the Show Video box is enabled via Tools, Options, Game Details.
The Auto Play Videos and Show Video settings only apply to LaunchBox and don't affect BigBox. As far as I know, once the video path is shown in Game Edit, Other then BigBox will play it.

Also, I think that videos are a premium option and won't play in LaunchBox free.

• 4 months later...

found something else for any future googlers of the issue like myself, after you download your vid files and have them in the proper location, you can use the cleanup media fuction under tools to not only auto populate the correct pathing for each games video, it will delete any excess media to which there is no game to match it with. lifesaver as i thought i would have to manually enter the path to each game individually! Launchbox rocks!!

• 3 months later...
On 1/24/2019 at 5:45 PM, ZigZags said:

found something else for any future googlers of the issue like myself, after you download your vid files and have them in the proper location, you can use the cleanup media fuction under tools to not only auto populate the correct pathing for each games video, it will delete any excess media to which there is no game to match it with. lifesaver as i thought i would have to manually enter the path to each game individually! Launchbox rocks!!

Dude deserves a cookie for this. Thanks mate! I'm currently writing a script in python to export videos using the xml paths and needed a way to populate them after importing a curated set.

• 1 month later...