LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox is running but nothing shown !

LiNK2PAST

i have a setup of 8TB external hdd running by launchbox in the same external hdd ..

i was using ver 8.2 till the release of 8.6 ver i decided to update .. after the update i open launchbox and i get to the welcome to launchbox message and then the program stays in the taskbar when i tried to click it nothing happens and i can see the usage of LB in the task manager .. the weird thing is when i go to the launchbox dirctory in my external hdd and open the "BigBox.exe" bigbox work without any problem and i can see all my playlist consoles saves themes etc .. but i can't get launchbox to show up its working but nothing shown .. i tried to run every updates in the launchbox dirctory again nothing .. worth mentioning .. i added two monitor to my setup recently .. LB was working fine with my two monitors setup before .. but now the total is 4 monitors .. i downloaded another launchbox and chose to install LB in my C: drive and its working no problem with BigBox .. but i need to run LB Inside my external hdd with all my games playlist saves emulators etc .. 

HELP!

Look for it to be minimized on your screen somewhere and if you can find it double click to open it. I have had it recently open like in the image. took me a while on my 2 monitor set up to find it as it was partially shown between the two monitors. Even in this state clicking the task bar item would not bring it full screen I had to click on it in the screen.

The image is a snip of the corner of the screen so it looks big, but is actually barely noticeable on the full monitor.

Capturej.JPG

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Look for it to be minimized on your screen somewhere and if you can find it double click to open it. I have had it recently open like in the image. took me a while on my 2 monitor set up to find it as it was partially shown between the two monitors. Even in this state clicking the task bar item would not bring it full screen I had to click on it in the screen.

The image is a snip of the corner of the screen so it looks big, but is actually barely noticeable on the full monitor.

Capturej.JPG

wow .. i know thank you is not enough .. but for real THANK YOU .. i did exactly what you suggests and boom .. everything is up and running .. again thank you man.

• Like 1

I had the kind of the same problem in which it only showed a black bar at the top of my screen when launching after the update.

Capture.thumb.PNG.8e830c753202bd563db3042074f95a8f.PNGThis one.

But launchbox showed up after double-clicking on it (pheeeww), I was about to go completely mad after spending tons of hours setting it up.

Has the old UI been integrated with Launchbox.next?, It looks like that.