LaunchBox Community Forums

Re-imported MAME games not do not work

knightCrawler

Didi you import with the "Mame Arcade Full Set" option and if so do you have a full set of ROMs at version that is recent version set?  Are they split or un-merged?  My set is version 201 and Split and imported/works fine (~35,488 rom files in directory with another ~718 CHD directories) .  If you don't have a full set of roms stick with the ROM Files import option like prior.  Other item to check is if you using something like MameUI that you have the MAME.INI in the MAME root directory.  Capture2.thumb.PNG.1a516c2955669dda98740f2534a98faf.PNG

Spoiler
Spoiler

I just posted in troubleshooting. I have a full set 196b and have been using MameUI perfectly for years. But Bigbox just always starts games with overlays turned on and not in full screen. In addition, my controls that work fine in Mame aren't there. For each game in Bigbox I have to hit tab and full screen it and add my controls. Any ideas of why my Mame settings get ignored in Launchbox/BigBox? Thank you

Sounds to me like a mame.ini path problem or it is picking up another ini file and pulling settings from there.  When you imported (I assume using the Full Set Wizard) you should double check the mame.ini and/or the mame executable file is in the directory just above the ROMs folder you selected in the importer.   Also check your MAME.ini has the correct paths since you said you moved it in the other thread. Particularly the rompath, homepath, and the inipath directories.  I would try putting in full paths so sure it is pulling from where want particularly if using MAMEUI which adds another layer to mix.  So for example, I have my mame.exe file in G:\Emulators\MAME and ROMS are just below that which is where pointed LB.  If still not working then only suggestion is to either use the mame64.exe rather than MAMEUi or not use the Full Set Wizard but the original ROM importer since I assume that worked before. 

image.thumb.png.f9728ef94b158b7d930c2569b1e8cd84.pngimage.png.71086c530868186f83cebfe029ac542a.png

Where are your Mame roms on your computer ? Are they in your Mame\roms folder or in another location ? If they are in another location did you add that location to the the mame.ini folder ?

Also where is your mame.ini file located ? Is it in your Mame\ini folder or in the main Mame folder where your Mame executable is located ? It needs to be in the main folder, if it is in the \ini folder move it out to the main folder.

I did not change folder location for mame games they are still outside MAME'S rom folder!!! I tried to use different command line configurations on setting but nothing, some mame games are compatible with final burn alpha so as an option I choose FB and the games worked, but mame has 1000's of game that FB does not support so I cannot use it my default emulator. Please send me a picture of the settings I should use for MAME maybe Im missing something.