LaunchBox Community Forums

Software to sort my games / detect duplicates etc

Johnny T

Hi all,

I've got a few systems working now so I want to go through and remove games that I don't want and duplicates etc. 

I have a few questions about this...

1) Is there a way to quickly detect duplicates? Either through launchbox or via third party software?

2) If I delete a game from launchbox will it delete the ROM too? Or just remove the value from the database?

3) How do other people sort / filter / consolidate their games? Do you just do it by hand or are there tools available for this sort of thing? 

Thanks ?

1) Use the audit tool, just pick a platform then tools/audit platform name, duplicates should be highlighted there.

2) I t just removes the metadata from the platform name.xml. However there is o option in the options to actually delete the rom at the same time that you can turn on if you want.

3) Personaly i just imported the (USA) roms for all my platforms so i didnt really need to do any further work, games with revisions were automatically combined to one entry at import. If you want to filter and such though that is what the audit tool i mentioned in 1) is for there are various ways to sort that sheet and you can hide/delete games directly from it.