LaunchBox Community Forums

Profile corrupted

ziki

I was inside LaunchBox yesterday, and i was editing game info, to check mark some games into "completed" status, when suddenly there was a power outage and the pc shut down abruptly. When it finished rebooting and i was welcomed with the message root element is missing and some other sentences and i cannot go into launchbox. Probable something was being written into the launchbox configuration at the time the pc shut down and it now got corrupted. Read some posts about deleteing system.xml

Where may i find it, and if this does not solve the problem what else can i do. It would be lengthy to reset launchbox and start from a clean slate

Something does not look right. There should not be a Windows.xml file in the root of the data folder. Copy the Windows.xml file in the Data folder it is referring to and paste it into a folder somewhere else. Do not delete it, just copy it and save it somewhere else. Then remove the Windows.xml file from the data folder and try running a backup again and see if that helps. 

Do you by chance have a platform for Windows games you imported called Windows?

• Like 1

I must have been blind. Yes i got windows games launching from launchbox. I placed the windows.xml and finally im up and running.

Still interested for updating though since im running 8.1

How can i do that and keep my library intact

Edited by ziki

You can run the update. It will not delete the games, media, and metadata you have. If you run the installer for the update from a download from the website just make sure it does not place it in a Launchbox subfolder in your main Launchbox folder. We have seen where some have it end up \Launchbox\Launchbox