LaunchBox Community Forums

System configuration services

ASq

Hi, I am looking for someone who would be interested in helping me setting up my machine.  I have all the hardware components and software/ roms/ launchbox license/ etc.  Due to time or sometimes lack of skills, I simply do not get my project done.  I’d say it (configuration/ software) is 50-60% there. Hardware is 95% already done.

If there is interest, I am in the MIA-FLL area and I am looking for someone nearby.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 5:52 PM, ASq said:

Would gladly consider compensation for the time that someone would be willing to put into it...

configuration btw controllers, Ipac board and computer is what’s getting me currently... 

If you look up ETA Prime on youtube (he does the tutorial vids for launchbox/big box) he's got a tutorial vid on how to wire joysticks/buttons albeit for the arcade1up machines but it's a pretty standard thing so that might help you get your control board wired. 

You mention you need help with something with the computer as well, what exactly do you need help with on it? 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like this it's hard to find someone as your original post was 2018. I've almost given up trying to configure my xtension cabinet with PC running launchbox. Anyone in So Cal able to configure my controller to run with launchbox and the emulators on it for reasonable price? I live in Orange County, CA

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi ASq

I would be willing to help but i am nowhere near you.  Just out of curiosity how much is left to do?  If the hardware is all wired up to the IPAC and connected to the computer, maybe someone can to do the work for you remotely to get it up and running.

• 1 month later...

I'm also looking for someone, all this can be done remotely via team viewer which is free.  I had someone setup my VirtuaPin Pinball machine like this.  We were on a phone call and he did most it remotely and then anything he needed me to do physically he walked me through it over our phone call.  this would be an opportunity for someone to make some money and help the community.  As an old man I'm totally lost but have gotten most of my marquee images where they're supposed to be through sheer determination.  But as I don't have the same energy as you young bucks and have had heart surgery realize that there are old school arcade dwellers who are just looking for a helping hand.