LaunchBox Community Forums

Exiting Redream back into Bigbox

AlmightyTurboman

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, mosestyle said:

Sorry to bring this up, but is there a way to exit Redream by pressing Select and Start when using a controller?? :)

Yes, with Launchbox's Controller Automation function, it will send the AHK script I posted above and close it out.

Or you could use some other 3rd party software such as Xpadder or Controller Companion if you want to set up your own custom exit key combo.

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yes, with Launchbox's Controller Automation function, it will send the AHK script I posted above and close it out.

Or you could use some other 3rd party software such as Xpadder or Controller Companion if you want to set up your own custom exit key combo.

Sorry for being a noob now, but how does that work? I mean the code is specifically used for ESC key :/

Let say that I want to exit the game by using Select + D-Pad right... Would that be possible??

Nooo hahaha not a third party software! xD

I used Xpadder, rocket launcher etc when I used HyperSpin, and it was such a pain and too much of a hassle to make it work... It didn't even work sometimes :P

The above AHK script gets put in the Running Hotkey Script tab of the Edit Emulator window for your Redream entry in Lunchbox.screenshot_260.thumb.jpg.68f2962c53075c29134c050cf8620e1f.jpg

Then you set your Controller Automation button combo that you want to use in Launchbox and BigBox, they are separate.screenshot_261.thumb.jpg.239ee809214b972675f75e8fd124679d.jpgYour button combo when pressed will send the AHK script command to the emulator and close it out.

20 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

The above AHK script gets put in the Running Hotkey Script tab of the Edit Emulator window for your Redream entry in Lunchbox.screenshot_260.thumb.jpg.68f2962c53075c29134c050cf8620e1f.jpg

Then you set your Controller Automation button combo that you want to use in Launchbox and BigBox, they are separate.screenshot_261.thumb.jpg.239ee809214b972675f75e8fd124679d.jpgYour button combo when pressed will send the AHK script command to the emulator and close it out.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! :D

It worked!! :D :D

Too bad Redream closed sourced it so we can't use it on RetroArch.. But oh well :)