LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Download

Retro666

Hi,

I`ve had to remove launchbox as i kept getting a missing digital signature when launching either launchbox or bigbox. I`ve tried to request the download link via the main site but not had any emails through. Is their another location to get 8.8 installer?

Cheers,

4 minutes ago, Retro666 said:

Hi,

I`ve had to remove launchbox as i kept getting a missing digital signature when launching either launchbox or bigbox. I`ve tried to request the download link via the main site but not had any emails through. Is their another location to get 8.8 installer?

Cheers,

Just the email, have you checked your spam folder? Also if you still have the old Launchbox setup try looking in Launchbox/Updates for the installers.

Yeah, tried about 4 email addresses now, checked my smarthost and nothing in the SMTP logs at all.. Didnt know about the updates folder and there it is so many thanks for that mate... 

Fresh install en route and 118 platforms to get through :( ;)

Cheers again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retro666 said:

Hi,

Still getting the failed digital signature prompt after install. Do you guys have this since the 8.8 update?

Cheers.

Nope, i cant say i have ever seen that before with Launchbox. What does it say exactly? Any chance you can grab a shot of it?

I did a fresh install also to the root of c, same result. Maybe its my machine, i`m due to perform a rebuild as i`m going to dedicate a machine to launchbox/bigbox so i`ll see if i get it again on there. To be honest i`ve not seen any reported cases on the forums so it`s particular to my setup (which is good).

Cheers,

1 minute ago, Retro666 said:

I did a fresh install also to the root of c, same result. Maybe its my machine, i`m due to perform a rebuild as i`m going to dedicate a machine to launchbox/bigbox so i`ll see if i get it again on there. To be honest i`ve not seen any reported cases on the forums so it`s particular to my setup (which is good).

Cheers,

Yeah it looks to be specific to your machine, i have never seen it personally and dont recall seeing it come up on the forums before either. I have seen antivirus software block the installer before, but that is usually limited to beta releases, official releases we run through online AV databases to ensure that most AV software doesnt block the installer.

You can try turning your UAC settings down a notch and see it it still happens, otherwise i am at a bit of a loss here i'm afraid.

For now i have edited my local GP, set launchbox.exe to the allowed moderate risk file types under user\administrative\windows components\attachment manager\inclusion for moderate file types, used launchbox.exe and issue cleared. 

Once i get a rebuild done i`m sure it`ll be ok without the GP plaster ;)

Cheers again mate.

• Like 1