LaunchBox Community Forums

Noob questions about Clean Up Images Tool

Mr. RetroLust

I like to use this tool but do have some questions before using it (to be sure):

1. Will it only delete duplicates as in; Same filesize and pixel dimensions? Or will it also delete images that have a -02 (or higher) at the end of the filename?

2. I have images that where scraped from emumovies and launchbox with full title filenames but I also have mame shorthand named files, will these mame images also be removed when they have the same filesize or are images only removed when they have the database filename?

Not sure if I have to ask @Jason Carr or anyone else is able to explain how it works exactly.

Wow! My Mame list has always been much slower than other platforms due to around 6000 games (currently), I had an insane amount of images collected (around 40gb for Mame alone lol) but now since the cleanup (20gb left after clean up) my Mame list is really smooth loading, around 70% faster, really happy with this! Could be a question worthy to people having speed issues as well @Jason Carr if they cleaned up the images.

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Wow! My Mame list has always been much slower than other platforms due to around 6000 games (currently), I had an insane amount of images collected (around 40gb for Mame alone lol) but now since the cleanup (20gb left after clean up) my Mame list is really smooth loading, around 70% faster, really happy with this! Could be a question worthy to people having speed issues as well @Jason Carr if they cleaned up the images.

Hmm, good to know. I guess that makes sense. I didn't realize that extra images could be cause for performance issues, but that is good to know.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hmm, good to know. I guess that makes sense. I didn't realize that extra images could be cause for performance issues, but that is good to know.

I think it's especially the seeking/processing time, it has to decide which random image to show out of +2 (in some cases +10 images for one image category, hoarders habit lol) versions of one image category, taking into account I use an image intensive theme which loads more than 10 image categories, the video, marquee screen and all other data, I am pushing it to extremes, the less seeking/thinking it has to do the faster it goes apparently, man I was used to the slower Mame list after months and now it feels like a fresh new system all in all :D?

• Like 1