LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Artwork in MameUI64v.202

breite07

HI Everyone,

Been struggling for weeks with this - should have reached out sooner but I'm about to concede defeat.

Issues is I can't get any artwork (bezels) to display in MAME (ever).

Here is what I have:

1. MAME works fine for all ROMS so I believe everything is configured properly.

2. Let's use dkong.zip rom for example (all other roms behave the same way):

dkong.zip is in /roms folder (game rom) - check

dkong.zip is in /artwork folder (the actual artwork files) -check

dkong.zip is in /cfg folder (config file) - check

3. Bezels and other artwork is enabled in the MAME program - see image. Check.

4. Bezels and other artwork are enable in the actual game - see image. Check.

5. End result - no bezels/artwork at all (as shown in the game image above).

I don't know what else to check or try...

Any and all  help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

bezels on.GIF

dkong.GIF

6 minutes ago, breite07 said:

Hello,

i had already moved the mame.ini file into the root directory to fix an issue I was having with my trackball not working. 

Then are you sure your bezel files are correct? As i showed in my image above mine work just fine with MAMEUI64 0.202.

Neil9000 - Your bezels worked fine.  I think the ones I downloaded were for RocketLauncher (or to be used with RocketLauncher).

I like many of the bezels in your pack - where did you get them from?

I just downloaded the following bezel packs from EMU Movies but they don't look as good.

Standard Bezel Pack (works) and Unified Bezel Pack (doesn't work - again I think these have to be used with RocketLauncher).

Many of the bezels (even yours) cover the game such as in the high score area of the screen? Is there a way to shrink the game screen to fit within the bezel?

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, breite07 said:

Neil9000 - Your bezels worked fine.  I think the ones I downloaded were for RocketLauncher (or to be used with RocketLauncher).

I like many of the bezels in your pack - where did you get them from?

I just downloaded the following bezel packs from EMU Movies but they don't look as good.

Standard Bezel Pack (works) and Unified Bezel Pack (doesn't work - again I think these have to be used with RocketLauncher).

Many of the bezels (even yours) cover the game such as in the high score area of the screen? Is there a way to shrink the game screen to fit within the bezel?

Thanks!

Yeah if they are for RocketLauncher then they wont work with MAME. The bezels i have are on the emumovies ftp if you have access to that, i think the same ones are also posted in letter packs here on our forums.

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/category/12-platform-bezelsoverlays/

As for sizes of the game screen, that can be adjusted inside the actual zip files, its not something i have ever done though and you would have to do it for every zip. Most have several views though, just use one that doesnt have the fake monitor bezel on it.