LaunchBox Community Forums

changing default emulator

mviars

I added PSP emulation  to my Launchbox using PPSSPP as my emulator but for some reason it defaulted all my games to use retroarch. After I set up my add console(Sony PSP) and add emulator(PPSSPP) I made sure that PPSSPP was the default emulator and that retroarch was not then I told Launchbox to add the new roms and it found all my PSP isos and added them but with retroarh as default emulator. I can go and edit each game and tell them that PPSSPP is the default emulator but I have like 150 isos. Is there an easy way to change the default emulator to all games of a single console. This would be a nice feature to have in the console edit screen.

Just now, mviars said:

I added PSP emulation  to my Launchbox using PPSSPP as my emulator but for some reason it defaulted all my games to use retroarch. After I set up my add console(Sony PSP) and add emulator(PPSSPP) I made sure that PPSSPP was the default emulator and that retroarch was not then I told Launchbox to add the new roms and it found all my PSP isos and added them but with retroarh as default emulator. I can go and edit each game and tell them that PPSSPP is the default emulator but I have like 150 isos. Is there an easy way to change the default emulator to all games of a single console. This would be a nice feature to have in the console edit screen.

The default emulator checkbox is for new imports only, not what is already imported, you will need to bulk edit the emulator. Just click a psp game then use CTRL A to highlight them all, right click one and go to edit to open the bulk edit wizard, click next. In the first dropdown choose emulator then in the second PPSSPP and finish out the wizard.