LaunchBox Community Forums

Config Presets

FlyFSX

Currently that is out of the scope of the program as it is supposed to be used on just one device and not have a server/client module with a centralized setup that can then be used on multiple devices. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool if it at one point its was to switch to something like that though.

Also to add to that, if the emulator was to change then the presets would break, and we cant be expected to keep up to date on every little update and change for every emulator out there. Unfortunately the way i see it you will always need to tweak emulators for your setup, that will be the case if you have several PC's or even just the one, you will need to adjust emulator settings to your specific system. That's just the way emulation is, there is no one size fits all when it comes to system specs, so manual tweaking will always be required.

Yeah even if at one point something server/client was to evolve I would think that the emulators settings would always need to be local on the specific machine and just the games and media would be on the server side with the cache still needing to be on the local machine also to give it quick access to the media but the program going in that direction is a pipe dream at best.