LaunchBox Community Forums

Waking Windows 10 with an arcade stick

OrochiSerge

So I spent most of the night trying to find a way to use my arcade stick (Hori RAP4) to waken my computer from sleep mode. I want to see if there is a way to do so since I just bought a RecRoom Masters 3/4 arcade cabinet, and want to use the aecade stick/buttons on that ti waken my PC. I will have a mini keyboard/mouse for it but, I'd rather use the arcade stick set up. 

I've tried device manager, power settings, and nothing has worked. Hoping someone can lead me to the right direction here. Thanks! 

15 hours ago, OrochiSerge said:

So I spent most of the night trying to find a way to use my arcade stick (Hori RAP4) to waken my computer from sleep mode. I want to see if there is a way to do so since I just bought a RecRoom Masters 3/4 arcade cabinet, and want to use the aecade stick/buttons on that ti waken my PC. I will have a mini keyboard/mouse for it but, I'd rather use the arcade stick set up. 

I've tried device manager, power settings, and nothing has worked. Hoping someone can lead me to the right direction here. Thanks! 

I thought control panels were typically recognized as a HID so pressing any button/moving the stick, etc. should be able to wake it. Did you make sure your system isn't powering off the usb ports

Okay this is totally a shot in the dark and would require someone much more knowledgeable in it than myself but maybe there's a way to do it with autohotkey? I'd say try asking @Retro808 @Lordmonkus or @DOS76 they're usually super helpful and like little miniature googles, they usually know everything....well except how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop. lol

• 1 year later...