LaunchBox Community Forums

Synchronize with site collection

Samuray92

Good afternoon people I have a doubt, I made an entire collection organized, but I had to format the pc. 
Before, I had already synchronized my collection with my account! I'll get you to the site. 
but when I enter the program with my account I can not transfer my old old collection to the program! I have to do it all over again?
Edited by Samuray92

1 minute ago, Samuray92 said:

Good afternoon people I have a doubt, I made an entire collection organized, but I had to format the pc. Before, I had already synchronized my collection with my account! I'll get you to the site. 
but when I enter the program with my account I can not transfer my old old collection to the program! I have to do it all over again?

I think you are a little confused i'm afraid. That feature simply lists your game collection on the site, it does not upload anything to it. It simply shows all the games you had in your collection, it is not a online backup feature i'm afraid.

yes unfortunately the cloud sync feature has nothing to do with backing up your collection. You should always have a copy of your data folder on another drive or in the cloud this way if something goes wrong and you lose your drive then your work isn't gone if you didn't have this backed up properly on your own then unfortunately all of your work is gone and you will have to start over from scratch.

If you save just that data folder it will save all the things you set up in Launchbox this will not back up your images videos or other stuff to back those up you would have to backup all of those folders. This will not backup your games also now if all of your games are in Launchbox then backing up the whole folder will back up everything.