LaunchBox Community Forums

Anything special for GPD Win 2 Config?

derek0642

Not sure if this is a Noob/getting started question, but I'm a Noob to LaunchBox and getting my GPD Win2 this weekend.  Watched a lot of ETA Prime vids too, and looks like LaunchBox/BigBox would be the way to go for retro gaming on the Win2.  Are there any special configurations I should initially be setting up since it's a portable Win2, not a PC laptop/desktop?  Just wanna be able to hit the ground "gaming" with as little hurdles or hiccups as possible! Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I've had no issues with anything really on my GPD Win 2. The Unified Redux theme for Big Box works really great with it, as do most other themes. Per the controls, I use Retroarch for NES and most other systems without any issues. It pretty much just worked out of the box; I just copied over my setup from my main rig. I think ETA's Retroarch tutorials should do the trick. The GPD Win 2 just acts like an Xbox One controller. Do make sure you're in controller mode though.

Ah, awesome! Yeah I’m a big fan of ETA Prime’s videos too. So I’m assuming since the gpd win2 is just essentially a handheld win10 machine that his vid on retroArch for win10 should do the trick? RA looks awesome, and if it just worked out Of the box for you using retroArch that’s cool! So do I just select retroArch as the emulator in LB, or rather search for the emulator to use from inside the retroArch folders instead of where they are now in LB?  Thanks again!

21 hours ago, derek0642 said:

Ah, awesome! Yeah I’m a big fan of ETA Prime’s videos too. So I’m assuming since the gpd win2 is just essentially a handheld win10 machine that his vid on retroArch for win10 should do the trick? RA looks awesome, and if it just worked out Of the box for you using retroArch that’s cool! So do I just select retroArch as the emulator in LB, or rather search for the emulator to use from inside the retroArch folders instead of where they are now in LB?  Thanks again!

Yeah, ETA's Retroarch tutorials should work great. The folder that you use shouldn't matter as long as it's a recent Retroarch install. I don't fully understand the question though. :)

@Jason Carr sorry for the confusion! :) from watching ETA's vid on neoGeo with retroArch, it looks like I will just need to place the retroArch folder/subfolders in a central location, run retroArch updates, and then create a "new emulator" in LB, that points to the retroArch version of the emulator.  and looks like we can add a command line that points to the particular rA version of the emulator's dll...  back home from Tgiving vaca now, so I can give things a try! :) . let me know if this makes more sense now!  sorry again for the confusion!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, derek0642 said:

@Jason Carr sorry for the confusion! :) from watching ETA's vid on neoGeo with retroArch, it looks like I will just need to place the retroArch folder/subfolders in a central location, run retroArch updates, and then create a "new emulator" in LB, that points to the retroArch version of the emulator.  and looks like we can add a command line that points to the particular rA version of the emulator's dll...  back home from Tgiving vaca now, so I can give things a try! :) . let me know if this makes more sense now!  sorry again for the confusion!!

Yup, that's correct. :)

• Like 1