LaunchBox Community Forums

.wad files???

darrenmarchand

Just now, Lordmonkus said:

.wad files are also the format for Doom levels.

Are you normally in the habit of just downloading files you don't know what they are or are for ?

No. I purchased a modded wii, and the system has arcade games and turbo graphics games on it and they are .wad files. I was wondering if theyd play in Launchbox using an emulator.

14 minutes ago, darrenmarchand said:

No. I purchased a modded wii, and the system has arcade games and turbo graphics games on it and they are .wad files. I was wondering if theyd play in Launchbox using an emulator.

Ok, no problem, it just wasn't mentioned in the first question so of course I had to ask.

And as it's been answered already by others any file type will work in LB as long as the emulator itself supports the file type, LB itself does not care in 99.9% of cases, of course there is always a chance there is some extreme edge case out there where it wouldn't work but I have not run into it yet.