LaunchBox Community Forums

Slow video and audio play

Chavito90

I just recently got into emulation. This could be a simple fix, but whenever I play a game both the audio and game move slow. I thought it was an N64 thing but noticing that all games are moving slow. 

Like sega games load up with....SEEEEEEEGGGGGGAAAA and than continues to move slow. How can I fix this? 

8 minutes ago, Chavito90 said:

I just recently got into emulation. This could be a simple fix, but whenever I play a game both the audio and game move slow. I thought it was an N64 thing but noticing that all games are moving slow. 

Like sega games load up with....SEEEEEEEGGGGGGAAAA and than continues to move slow. How can I fix this? 

Could be a framerate issue, check that your PC is running at 60fps, also not knowing your specs it could just be very weak hardware.

You guys are right. I’m running an Alienware Steam Machine i7 2.20GHZ on 4K tv with 30hz. I will be purchasing a tv this weekend. I know I’m a noob, but would 120hz refresh rate possibly fix the  issue of highly noticable lag on video playback? Computer games on steam and all run great but noticed emulators on LaunchBox/big box play slow at the moment.