LaunchBox Community Forums

How to use multiple controllers for BixBox?

zaerdy

Ok I've been searching for a couple of hours with no luck.

I have a couple of controllers I use to play my games, a Buffalo Snes, a RockCandy Xbox 360 and a Logitech PlayStation. Everything is set up correctly with my games as I use RocketLaunchers and joytokey with a profile for each platform. 

The thing is I'd like to be able to navigate BigBox with everyone of them, with all the buttons mapped identicaly. So if I press the right button on any of the controller it will "back". The controllers are obviously not always plugged. If I play SNES or NES I will only plug my buffalo. And If I play PS1 with a friend I might plug the 360 and the Logitech. 

I feel like I could use joytokey to map everything and control BigBox but I just don't know how to set this up.

Thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, zaerdy said:

Ok I've been searching for a couple of hours with no luck.

I have a couple of controllers I use to play my games, a Buffalo Snes, a RockCandy Xbox 360 and a Logitech PlayStation. Everything is set up correctly with my games as I use RocketLaunchers and joytokey with a profile for each platform. 

The thing is I'd like to be able to navigate BigBox with everyone of them, with all the buttons mapped identicaly. So if I press the right button on any of the controller it will "back". The controllers are obviously not always plugged. If I play SNES or NES I will only plug my buffalo. And If I play PS1 with a friend I might plug the 360 and the Logitech. 

I feel like I could use joytokey to map everything and control BigBox but I just don't know how to set this up.

Thanks for the help.

The problem you will have there is that is likely a mix of xinput and dinput controllers and they map the buttons differently. For example B on the xbox controller the one you reference might be recognized as B or 2 depending on the controller, where as 2 on a dinput controller could be any button even shoulder buttons. So what you are asking is not possible in Bigbox,you can turn on use all controllers but that will assume the buttons are the same on each controller, so B may be back on the xbox ones but not the dinput ones. You could try mapping keyboard buttons to the controllers using third party software so they are all mapped the same, then turn off controllers in Bigbox.

That was my understanding.

I wouldn't mind turning off controllers in BigBox and simply mapping the keyboard with a 3rd party software like joytokey, for say. I just don't know how to set this up so the joytokey profile would start with BigBox, shut down or switch when a game is launched, and exti when I exit BigBox.

2 minutes ago, zaerdy said:

That was my understanding.

I wouldn't mind turning off controllers in BigBox and simply mapping the keyboard with a 3rd party software like joytokey, for say. I just don't know how to set this up so the joytokey profile would start with BigBox, shut down or switch when a game is launched, and exti when I exit BigBox.

Yeah unfortunately i have no experience with joy2key so someone else will have to chime in on that. I actually use controller companion myself but its not free software, it is currently 33% off on steam though so is currently $2/£1.33,

https://store.steampowered.com/app/367670/Controller_Companion/

This does exactly what you want by setting profiles for programs that automatically load/unload when a program is run, however its xinput only by default but you can install  x360ce from within it, which makes other controllers act like xbox ones.

Here is my Bigbox profile.

image.thumb.png.0a1dc54fba95c3be9085cdabb7762c49.pngimage.thumb.png.126746d6739a2ea07081fbe2eee17d3a.png

• 8 months later...