LaunchBox Community Forums

Modify Arcade Platform Category List

sgeist28

How can I modify this category list?

I want to add AAE, Sega Model 3 and Daphne to the 'Arcade' category so they show up as 'sub-folders' within the Arcade 'tree'.

Right now, AAE, Sega Model 3, and Daphne are showing up in the Parent category list under Platform Categories, all of which I think should be categorized under 'Arcade' (see attached).

Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Just now, sgeist28 said:

How can I modify this category list?

I want to add AAE, Sega Model 3 and Daphne to the 'Arcade' category so they show up as 'sub-folders' within the Arcade 'tree'.

Right now, AAE, Sega Model 3, and Daphne are showing up in the Parent category list under Platform Categories, all of which I think should be categorized under 'Arcade' (see attached).

Any suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Right click them, edit, parents tab, uncheck root and check arcade.

10 minutes ago, sgeist28 said:

Tried that, but there's no option to check 'Arcade'

2.PNG

I'm guessing Arcade is a platform, and not a category? LaunchBox won't let you nest platforms inside of platforms, so the way to fix it is to create an Arcade category in the root, and then just move the arcade platform into it. That's how it works by default but maybe you moved it to the root?