LaunchBox Community Forums

Launching Street Fighter V arcade from BB

hawkeyez88

Not sure how to explain this the best way .. but here's my thought process and what I'm trying to work through. I have a x-arcade tankstick - I get it, it was my first introduction to home arcade/emulation. My desire is to be able to launch Tekken 7 and the newer Street Fighter games, and who knows what other fighters are out there?? I'd prefer not to redo all of the key mappings, and not even sure that would matter since these games prefer to see something other than a keyboard for 2 player. I have the X-Arcade Input working without issue, pretty awesome actually. Is my only option to have this and the games run out of Big Box to write a script, or has someone already done this a better way?

You might want to check Xgaming’s site. They have had a method out for quite a while now to get their controllers to work with these games. I have a Tankstick and still use it in one of my cabinets. Currenty have SFIV, SFV, MK XL, and a bunch of other pc fighting games running in BigBox with the tankstick as the controller. 

Read this: specifically method 2

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

You might want to check Xgaming’s site. They have had a method out for quite a while now to get their controllers to work with these games. I have a Tankstick and still use it in one of my cabinets. Currenty have SFIV, SFV, MK XL, and a bunch of other pc fighting games running in BigBox with the tankstick as the controller. 

Read this: specifically method 2

Do you have a script that calls out the x-arcade input? I stated that I have this method 2 working already, just trying to figure out how to get it running out of BB. Did you change your mame buttons? I tried this but couldn't get any response from the x-arcade tankstick while the x-input and mame was running and nothing was recognized. 

Edited by hawkeyez88

You stated you did have inputs working but it was not clear if it was the method they have on their site. 

You will need to make an AHK script to call it open before the game. I am not at the house right now so later I will send it to you. You will just have to modify the file location paths in the script. Then point to the script instead of the game exe as the script will be a launcher for both the X-arcade input and the game. Sadly you will have to replicate this for each game. A bit of a work around, but it works. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Retro808 said:

You stated you did have inputs working but it was not clear if it was the method they have on their site. 

You will need to make an AHK script to call it open before the game. I am not at the house right now so later I will send it to you. You will just have to modify the file location paths in the script. Then point to the script instead of the game exe as the script will be a launcher for both the X-arcade input and the game. Sadly you will have to replicate this for each game. A bit of a work around, but it works. 

Thanks Retro808 - you rock! The only i'm not 100% clear on, which I'm sure your script will tell me, is do you close BB and then reopen it, or just open the x-arcade input, then the game, then close the game and close x-arcade input each time?

• 1 year later...

In case anyone is planning on doing the same, I have setup:

• BlazBlue (various)
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev 2
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Street Fighter V
  • Injustice
  • Injustice 2
  • Soul Calibur 6
  • Tekken 7 

with a RecRoomMasters 4 Player Joystick w/ IPAC successful in LB, it was pretty easy using x360kb from: http://www.emuline.org/topic/1239-simulate-x360-controllers-when-you-just-have-a-keyboard/

The tricky part is figuring out which XInput DLL to use, but it's usually a process of elimination. Only issue was Injustice 2 - it was detecting x360kb as a debugger / cheat, but turning off Steam input remapping in x360kb fixed the issue.

I have configured my panel to map closely to an Xbox Fight Stick - and I just reuse the config across all the games. Tekken did require me to map the D-Pad rather than the Analog Input for menu navigation.

• 5 months later...
On 7/30/2020 at 3:54 AM, coolspot said:

In case anyone is planning on doing the same, I have setup:

• BlazBlue (various)
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev 2
  • Street Fighter IV
  • Street Fighter V
  • Injustice
  • Injustice 2
  • Soul Calibur 6
  • Tekken 7 

with a RecRoomMasters 4 Player Joystick w/ IPAC successful in LB, it was pretty easy using x360kb from: http://www.emuline.org/topic/1239-simulate-x360-controllers-when-you-just-have-a-keyboard/

The tricky part is figuring out which XInput DLL to use, but it's usually a process of elimination. Only issue was Injustice 2 - it was detecting x360kb as a debugger / cheat, but turning off Steam input remapping in x360kb fixed the issue.

I have configured my panel to map closely to an Xbox Fight Stick - and I just reuse the config across all the games. Tekken did require me to map the D-Pad rather than the Analog Input for menu navigation.

Curious, did you try the X-input mode instead on your RRM stick? 

• 2 months later...
On 1/21/2021 at 8:01 PM, jfree427 said:

Curious, did you try the X-input mode instead on your RRM stick? 

I have two RRM sticks - a 4 player model which only supports keyboard input and a 2 player  "Pro" model which I ordered last summer for X-input (it has a Brooks Fighting Board in it). I decided to spend the extra money to get an Xinput stick so I don't have to reconfigure each game plus I wanted Sanwa stick w/ restrictor for SFV and an 8 button layout.

Due to the way RRM wired up the 4 player stick with multiple IPACs, they don't have Xinput mode for it. The 2 player stick well for Xinput, but the Brooks Board  has its own issue, i.e. pressing a key sequence during boot up can kick the controller into the wrong mode. Also, being XINput it limits the amount of hard coding I can do. It's too bad Brooks doesn't have a command line API to force the board into a certain mode (i.e. XInput rather than D-Input/PS4/etc.) to ensure the proper configuration is loaded.

Edited by coolspot