LaunchBox Community Forums

Epic Mickey 2 will not show Box Art/metadata

Woobman

I'm Building my launchbox system slowly.. Adding all my games a little at a time. Fun to do.. For some reason Epic Mickey 2 will not show box art or Metadata. I've renamed it to everything I can think of for it to be picked up. All the tricks don't seem to work with this game.  I've gone so far as to re-rip it off of our modded wii. Still nothing.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, Woobman said:

For some reason Epic Mickey 2 will not show box art or Metadata.

Have you tried to simply drag-and-drop the image files into Edit Game? Be sure to right click the image(s) and set them to the appropriate Image Type.

Click OK (to save) then press F5 to refresh the images for that game (or click Tools and select Refresh All Images).  

Hi all,

Thank you for your quick responses!!! No Metadata. No info at all. I think the issue is how the file itself is named.. When I've encountered this on other games, I just rename "Check for added" Roms... and it comes up. This time, nada.  I've tried a few different ways to name. @Retro808,  how did you name the actual file? Was it Zipped?

9 minutes ago, Woobman said:

Hi all,

Thank you for your quick responses!!! No Metadata. No info at all. I think the issue is how the file itself is named.. When I've encountered this on other games, I just rename "Check for added" Roms... and it comes up. This time, nada.  I've tried a few different ways to name. @Retro808,  how did you name the actual file? Was it Zipped?

It is an iso file. However, just prior to completing the import I update the "Name Field" on the Ready to Import screen to make sure it is the actual game name. Such as in this image with Sonic Colors. I would rename the first cell the actual name of the game.  

Capture2.JPG

Life got(and is getting ) in the way since my post... I have not had a chance to try anything. Will try in the next day or two. 

To clarify: I've been slowly adding my Wii games into launchbox I use the Tools>Scan for added Roms>for Nintendo Wii.  What has been happening is Almost every single game imports/adds just fine. I get box art and metadata. The few that have had issues have been easily fixed by just renaming the file(s) to something that Launchbox sees. When going through the procedure again, all of the boxart and Meta appears. Not so with Epic Mickey 2. Odd...  I'll try, then update. Thank you again for the quick responses.