LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME Merged Set Collection and preferred ROM launching

SubRetro

So I have been trying to figure this out and confirming what might or might not be the best method. Currently I have a merged MAME set imported into my LB/BB setup and works well. The challenge I have is certain games that have multiple version of a game. For example Turtles Arcade has a 4 player World version and a 2 player Euro version. 

My first question is can you set the preferred ROM to open when selected on the game art or do you have to right click and select the particular rom you want?

My second question is the MAME importer put the turtles game in both 4 and 2 player playlists. However the same issue stands unless I can set the preferred ROM player variant for that playlist?

Aside from 4 and 2 player games maybe I want to open up a previous version of a fighting like MK2 2.1 vs 3.1. I do have split sets that I could import and set up separately just was trying to avoid that.

Edited by SubRetro

Just now, SubRetro said:

My first question is can you set the preferred ROM to open when selected on the game art or do you have to right click and select the particular rom you want?

1) Right click the game and go to edit, then the additional apps tab, click on the version you want as default then click the make default button, that version will know be launched with the normal way.

3 minutes ago, SubRetro said:

My second question is the MAME importer put the turtles game in both 4 and 2 player playlists. However the same issue stands unless I can set the preferred ROM player variant for that playlist?

2) I believe it cant be specified for playlists currently.

ok cool I will scope that out. If I have to I can take that rom and add it in but change the artwork so it will be known as a 2 player or 4 player game. Maybe a fix in the future possibly? Probably have to read the data of that specific rom to know its a 2 or 4 player.