LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame Arcade Set - What Mame Version?

Xyphien

I just bought LaunchBox premium, and I've downloaded the full Mame Rom Set from LaunchBox itself, and out of 1k games I've only gotten 3 to work. Someone on reddit stated it needs to be the right mame verision, and I'm assuming that since it's a pre-made pack from launchbox it should say the mame version somewhere but I cannot find it. Does anyone know the mame version to use as I've tried the latest one, and one from a year ago and I cannot get the games to work :(

14 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Launchbox does not come with any Mame roms, if you got your LB from somewhere else and it came with roms it is illegal.

https://youtu.be/5_dAYAf3uuY

There's literally an option on launchbox to download memes. I'm so confused why everyone is saying otherwise 

6 minutes ago, Xyphien said:

https://youtu.be/5_dAYAf3uuY

There's literally an option on launchbox to download memes. I'm so confused why everyone is saying otherwise 

That is a tutorial for importing a MAME fullset, it relies on you actually having a MAME romset. Launchbox does not and will not download roms for you. This is a legitimate product and us giving you roms would be highly illegal.