LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple instances of MAME if you multiple click

Super_Paulie

hi guys.

Question for you. When using Big Box, when you select a ROM that opens with MAME.

If you click/press enter/joystick enter button multiple times then the ROM tries to load up, multiple times. This then causes all sorts of issues when exiting as it leaves the other versions still open. Please see attached screen shot for what i mean.

Is there any way around this, or to stop MAME opening up more than once? i am running Windows 7.

IMG_20181213_164317_resized_20181213_044344068.jpg

4 minutes ago, Super_Paulie said:

hi guys.

Question for you. When using Big Box, when you select a ROM that opens with MAME.

If you click/press enter/joystick enter button multiple times then the ROM tries to load up, multiple times. This then causes all sorts of issues when exiting as it leaves the other versions still open. Please see attached screen shot for what i mean.

Is there any way around this, or to stop MAME opening up more than once? i am running Windows 7.

IMG_20181213_164317_resized_20181213_044344068.jpg

Why would you press it multiple times???? Multiple startup prevention is planned to work in conjunction with the startup screens though. For now you could try just pressing it once.

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Why would you press it multiple times???? Multiple startup prevention is planned to work in conjunction with the startup screens though. For now you could try just pressing it once.

its not me, the cabinet is in a public area and as such people press the buttons multiple times. It happens every single day and im the one who has to go up, open task manager and close down all the instances of it. Naturally i dont do it myself, but i cant control a rig out in the public areas.

"For now you could try just pressing it once"

I do. Unknown strangers/unfamiliar users dont. But the fact is we dont have a self contained unit there, it can be broken by people doing this.

Thanks Jason, i will look into the BETA to see if that resolves it.

Edited by Super_Paulie

5 minutes ago, Super_Paulie said:

its not me, the cabinet is in a public area and as such people press the buttons multiple times. It happens every single day and im the one who has to go up, open task manager and close down all the instances of it. Naturally i dont do it myself, but i cant control a rig out in the public areas.

"For now you could try just pressing it once"

I do. Unknown strangers/unfamiliar users dont. But the fact is we dont have a self contained unit there, it can be broken by people doing this.

Thanks Jason, i will look into the BETA to see if that resolves it.

Yeah thats fair enough then. Yeah i forgot that that feature was already added to the betas,so yeah that may be what you are looking for.

thanks Jason, it works an absolute charm and it goes down a storm here. All the artwork panels are under clear perspex so can be removed and replaced depending on the events we have. Here it is with just my own retro artwork while its in my office over the holidays. I was in the process of customising all the menus but its slow going. The marquees work a treat and with some coding any rom that has no marquee now shows the clear logo up there instead. Very pleased with it and the the help from you guys to make it.

IMG_20181218_125354_resized_20181218_125415117.jpg

• Like 1