LaunchBox Community Forums

Demon Front works in Mame but not Launchbox/Bigbox

Dr_Bunsen

Demon Front is the only game not working in my arcade setup and I've run out of ideas, so I'm wondering if anyone can help. Using dmnfrnt.7z Mame 0.188 rom, with pgm.7z bios in the games folder. Demon Front works fine in MameUI64, however, in Launchbox/Bigbox the game does not startup and I get MameUI64 error stating it cannot find the files. I have around 1500 games fully operational with the same setup of MameUI64 and Launchbox/Bigbox so I can't figure out what's wrong.

IMG_1580.jpg

6 minutes ago, Dr_Bunsen said:

@Lordmonkus Thanks for your reply. Yes the mame.ini is in the main folder with the Mame executable.

It seems like this isn't a Mame problem as the game works fine in stand-alone MameUI64.

Can you confirm it is actually the mame.ini. Only reason I ask is there is also a MameUI.ini and some people confuse that with what Monkus talking about.

it is not that it is a mame issue moreso it is a MameUI issue. Mame reads the mame.ini from the main folder so Launchbox looks for it there. For some reason a while back MameUI versions started putting the mame.ini in the Ini folder. With that change Launchbox had trouble working well with MameUI and Arcade64 offshoots of mame. 

@Retro808 Thanks, I followed the tutorial for Mame from Lordmonkus as I've only had Launchbox a couple of months, so I did move the Mame.ini from the ini folder in MameUI64 to the main folder. I just confirmed actually that dmnfrnt doesn't work using command line MameUI64, so I guess that's where the problem is. I don't understand why it would work from the UI interface though. Everything else works fine in command line.

Oddly enough I just tried and cannot get it to work either. Not sure what might have changed.  I use the regular command line mame. But have MameUI and Arcade64 set up for testing. MameUI is no longer working through Launchbox even with the .ini in the main folder. For several games I tried.  

Demon Front launches fine with regular Mame and Arcade64 through Launchbox.

Thanks for your replies and help, I gave up in the end trying to get MameUI64 to work with Demon Front and Launchbox. I installed standard Mame 64 and am using this just to run Demon Front currently, which turns out to work ok with Launchbox/Bigbox. This issue has prompted me to update to the latest Mame and rompack and ditch MameUI64, which I will do some time in the future. 

• 1 year later...