LaunchBox Community Forums

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 [PSX] emulation issue

IndieRok

Hello, semi-noob here,

When trying to emulate Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (1) using ePSXe, I run into some weird screen issues and I wonder if any of you experienced the same behaviour and if so, have you found a way to fix this.

And yes, I already tried to google the issue, but haven't found anything on this.

At first I thought the ISO was just broken, so I found two new sources, tested both and got the same results each time.

Issues are:

• Main Menu Screen, Character select screen or any screens (except the one when you play the game and skate around a level): horizontal screen flickering/flashing from top to bottom. Almost strobe-esque epilepsy inducing..
  • Objective screen, the splash-screen before each level that enumerates the objectives and tell you what to collect and such: black screen

On the objective screen, you can still press the action button and the level will load as expected. Once a level is loaded everything works and the music also, but apart from that, it's just a mess.

Any of you had this happen? Can it be fixed? 

Keep in mind I'm not very good with emulator configs.. I tweaked a thing or two here and there with a few tutorials but in all honesty I have no idea what i'm doing most the time..

PS. don't hesitate to tell me if i'm in the wrong forum thread.. will correct it

SPECS:

PC: Lenovo
Processor: Intel Core i7 4710HQ 2.50GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

EPSXE

Version: 2.0.5
Video Plugin: PEOPS OpenGL Driver 1.78
Video configs: see attached image

epsxe_configs.jpg