LaunchBox Community Forums

Unified Refried problems

radicalblues

Attatched down here is what I'm looking right now. I have installed Unified Refried and Unified Refried SNES addon.

Edit: I was having trouble switching view. Just figured out I hadn't set my "switch view" key, duh. That got rid of the samus down there and sent my game covers/carts flying in. However, my theme still seems to revert to the "no addon" version of SNES when accessing the game, how do I fix that? The jump just seems weird.

Problem: I have the SNES addon when browsing games, and when I press ok to play one and the side menu comes out, I lose the addon. How to fix?

Extra question: is there a way to set flat art boxes as default? I don't fancy 3D boxes very much. Just like the one below.

1.png

2.png

Edited by radicalblues

I believe that's working as intended. I've created a few additions to this theme for the community and I've always made both versions under the impression this was how it's supposed to look. RH would have to give you a definitive answer though since he's the theme creator.

I personally like the different views this way. Each screen gives you something new to look at. I find that those other views tend to be too busy with art and effects like clear logos fading and boxes sliding in. This keeps a complex, artistic aesthetic, while also keeping it simplistic. First screen shows the logos, a piece of art, and the controllers and the second game screen gives you a better look at the system itself, the game boxes, and carts (If you use those). For me, it comes off way less crowded. I also like that if you dont have the game box or cart, it's way less noticeable since it isnt the first thing you see, nor is it the focal point of the view. 

If the alternating theme is working as intended, no worries, that's fine. It just seemed weird to me that it was switching all of sudden. Here's how it currently looks, below.

On normal scrolling menu / on pressing play game screen.

I'm just having ONE thing I'd like to change... I don't like 3D boxes, is there an option to change them for normal flat boxes? If it's not an option, I'm guessing I'd have to edit the .xaml files. It should be a simple line of code or something. Anyone with experience on .xaml files can point me in the direction of this change? 3D box arts are just not my thing.

a.png

b.png

3 minutes ago, radicalblues said:

If the alternating theme is working as intended, no worries, that's fine. It just seemed weird to me that it was switching all of sudden. Here's how it currently looks, below.

On normal scrolling menu / on pressing play game screen.

I'm just having ONE thing I'd like to change... I don't like 3D boxes, is there an option to change them for normal flat boxes? If it's not an option, I'm guessing I'd have to edit the .xaml files. It should be a simple line of code or something. Anyone with experience on .xaml files can point me in the direction of this change? 3D box arts are just not my thing.

a.png

b.png

The second image is the game details screen, this can not be changed it always uses the list view as it is a list. I personally dont use that screen so just switch it off. As for the 3D boxes you could edit the xaml, but it is actually based on your priorities you have set in Launchbox, so change those.

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

The second image is the game details screen, this can not be changed it always uses the list view as it is a list. I personally dont use that screen so just switch it off. As for the 3D boxes you could edit the xaml, but it is actually based on your priorities you have set in Launchbox, so change those.

Changed the box priorities in Launbox and it worked beautifully, thanks! 

Where do you switch off the games detail screen? I can't seem to find the option.

So many things to learn, but love how versatile this is!

lalala.png