LaunchBox Community Forums

Is there a way to tell Launchbox to only import games with certain extensions?

scoobydooami

I mentioned in another post that I have been having issues with ScummVM dragging down scanning of all games for added games.  That is because the .epicfail files reside in the actual game folders which have tons of files.  It does it so bad that if I try to remove all of those files once they are found it crashes Launchbox.

I was wondering if there is a way that I can tell Launchbox to only look for/try to import the .epicfail files? Or, for that matter, with any given platform is it possible to have it only look for specified extensions?

Thanks, in advance.

Edited by scoobydooami

Yes, during the import wizard when in the file manager use the search function to search your roms folder for *.epicfail and only those file types will show, you can then select all and import them.

Alternatively you can just use the file manager on it's own and search the exact same way and then select all and drag into LB, this is my preferred method of importing games and files.

28 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yes, during the import wizard when in the file manager use the search function to search your roms folder for *.epicfail and only those file types will show, you can then select all and import them.

Alternatively you can just use the file manager on it's own and search the exact same way and then select all and drag into LB, this is my preferred method of importing games and files.

Thank you.

Hmm...the problem I am having is when selecting Tools/Scan for added roms for all platforms it is pulling all of those extra files from the ScummVM games folders.  Ideally I wouldn't normally scan ALL platforms but when I select Arcade it forces me to do so.  It's pulling all of those extra ScummVM files and I don't seem to have an option to stop it. It starts the scan immediately.  It hangs while looking at those folders but eventually brings up a list of a boatload of files.  When I select all of those extras for deletion Launchbox crashes.

I'm not sure what to do short of getting rid of the ScummVM games altogether.

Edited by scoobydooami

6 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Hmm, not sure exactly what to tell you because I don't use the scan for added roms tool or ScummVM.

The best I can tell you is to just do it like I said above with the search function and drag the selections into LB, it will only import stuff that isn't already imported.

Thanks.  Yes I wouldn't normally do it either, but I am adding CHD's to my rom collection and want Launchbox to pick them up.  When I select scan for new when having Arcade selected it forces me to do it for all systems (including ScummVM).