LaunchBox Community Forums

How long is the Dolphin Bar usb cable?

Tatts4Life

Thanks 4.5 feet should work fine. Recently the way I had my system set up something has stopped working so I'll have to move my system closer to my tv so it should work fine. My gaming computer was located in the back of the room close to the couch and an HDMI cable is running through the wall up to my tv. That way my entertainment center looks clean and nothing around it. Too bad you can't add a usb extension cable to get a longer reach. As for my second question for some reason I thought there were different dolphin bars.

You can add an extension. I did when connected to big screen TV and it was about another 4 or 5 feet long extension.  It is a normal USB 2.0 connector.  At least the Mayflash, it did have a "two button" and "one button" version but the "one button" was prior to 2015ish so not likely to encounter now.  The difference was that the second button allows to turn off the bar IR.

Just now, sundogak said:

You can add an extension. I did when connected to big screen TV and it was about another 4 or 5 feet long extension.  It is a normal USB 2.0 connector.  At least the Mayflash, it did have a "two button" and "one button" version but the "one button" was prior to 2015ish so not likely to encounter now.  The difference was that the second button allows to turn off the bar IR.

Yeah IF I were to get my tv and computer to recognize each other and play nice the usb cable would need to be probably 30 feet to go up the wall, across the attic, and back down the far wall. I'm gonna probably have to move my computer since my damn tv says there is no signal even though it does show the Asus start up screen when I turn it on.

6 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

I bought a wireless wii sensor bar. Running in batteries and placing it free where it fits best.

i once had the dolphin bar but after the Bluetooth passthrough feature it was only working as a normal sensor bar but not for anything wiimote related 

What's this wireless sensor bar you mention? That sounds like what I'm looking for if I can get things working right again.