LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox won't run

yuppicide

I've seen on here that Launchbox should run on any hardware. I've seen someone run it on an Intel Atom processor. I picked up a tablet/laptop with an 11.6" screen running Windows 10. 2GB memory, and an Atom processor. I downloaded and ran the installer.. afterwards it does nothing. However, if I try it on my desktop it opens.

Any suggestions? MAME runs fine. 

Unless you can suggest me another front end. Just want something simple.. shows game name and marquee is fine. Just something to look cool when I bring this over to someone's house to play.

14 minutes ago, proghodet said:

All you need should be included I think, but you could try to install DirectX and .NET Framework

Thanks for the reply. I installed older .net and Launchbox opens now. Every time I do something it says "you will need a new app to open this ms-gaming overlay". I ignored that and let it import information for the 20 or so games I put in my ROMS folder. I played one of the games fine, however after I went back to Launchbox it said my system is low on memory and quit out.

6 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

2 GB of memory is unfortunately less than LaunchBox requires, especially on Windows 10. 4 GB is the minimum. You might be able to get away with running it, but you'll probably run into those out of memory errors quite a bit.

Thanks. Oh well.

Not sure if I am keeping the tablet/laptop. I always knew I had 30 days to return it if I wanted.

It runs fine, I can use WolfMAME or something just fine. Surfs the web, etc, etc.