LaunchBox Community Forums

8bitdo SF30 Pro controller is not working in LB

NetWalker2010

Hi all,

I have a problem with my 8bitdo SF30 Pro controller. Is connected via Bluetooth to the PC (win 7 64bits). It's recognized as Xbox Bluetooth Gamepad. It's working inside Retroarch, no problem with that. The thing is that I can't have it working in Launchbox interface. I open the tab with the Controllers option, click refresh but nothing appears there. I don't know what can I do to solve that... any ideas? Maybe there is no bluetooth support or something... I don't know.

Sorry about the language in the screenshot... but I think you get the idea. ?

Thank you

controllers.JPG

I use the same one and it works well. Left thumb stick moves the mouse cursor. Pressing R3 chooses the game/option. I do have the button checked for Use All Controllers. Maybe try ticking that box. Also try starting the controller before you open Launchbox and see if it shows in the dropdown then. I had that issue when I first set it up and did that and it worked. After that it would always show up. 

To add, that controller or any xinput bluetooth controller will not work on Windows 7 natively. Windows 7 simply does not support xinput over bluetooth, so that may be your issue if you are connecting it in xinput mode. There are unofficial drivers on the web to get xinput over bluettoth working on Windows 7, but as i say they are unofficial.

EDIT:

Here is the link if you are interested.

6 minutes ago, NetWalker2010 said:

I'm not sure about trying the unofficial drivers

That is of course entirely your decision, but i did help someone else get there 8bitdo controller working on Windows 7 using that driver and it worked flawlessly for him, but as i say completely your choice.

Successful!! I tried those drivers and they worked like a charm. Thank you for that. ?

I have another question related to the previous one. I select a button for "Start game". I'm in plain mode in Launchbox, no BigBox. For some reason, I can only start a game with the "click" button on the controller. Actually, double "click". The "Start game" button does nothing... Is this intended? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Again, thanks a lot for your time and suggestions.