LaunchBox Community Forums

XBOX ONE THEME

isilkin

Yes. Work started on the theme last night. I will let you guys know something when I have a good version of the theme built. I have been very interested in building something like this for a while now. I don't have much experience building a theme for launchbox. This will be my first theme.  I've played around with themes before by moving and resizing things but that is all. Please offer advice if you can. I've been watching tutorial videos and stuff. 

I can only help with the visuals like illustrator and photoshop am pretty good with that stuff. As far as programming goes I would suggest getting a hold of one of the theme developers. One in particular named Grila. He/she is very talented and have done several themes similar to the xbox one theme.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:56 PM, Theonerm2 said:

Yes. Work started on the theme last night. I will let you guys know something when I have a good version of the theme built. I have been very interested in building something like this for a while now. I don't have much experience building a theme for launchbox. This will be my first theme.  I've played around with themes before by moving and resizing things but that is all. Please offer advice if you can. I've been watching tutorial videos and stuff. 

Could you post some screenshots of your workflow process. I think it would be cool to see.

XboxOne.thumb.jpg.595d75bd0de6594b5d4f5e187a535e8a.jpgI still have a lot of work to do. I wanted to post this screenshot of where it's going so far and see what people think. It's far from perfect and far from finished. I'd have also gotten more done if I wasn't sick. Because I'm not fluent in the XAML programming language it's been a lot of trial and error mostly. I try things and see what happens. If it looks good I adjust it as much as I can until it looks good. I'm aware some things aren't aligned exactly like on Xbox. I'll try to fix it. I only have one system in launchbox right now. That's why it's only Super Nintendo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Theonerm2 said:

XboxOne.thumb.jpg.595d75bd0de6594b5d4f5e187a535e8a.jpgI still have a lot of work to do. I wanted to post this screenshot of where it's going so far and see what people think. It's far from perfect and far from finished. I'd have also gotten more done if I wasn't sick. Because I'm not fluent in the XAML programming language it's been a lot of trial and error mostly. I try things and see what happens. If it looks good I adjust it as much as I can until it looks good. I'm aware some things aren't aligned exactly like on Xbox. I'll try to fix it. I only have one system in launchbox right now. That's why it's only Super Nintendo. 

Sir, this is crazy good!! Wow! Get better. I can't wait to see more.

wow. looks exactly like the xbox one good job. on the second screeshot where you show the list of games it looks like boxes are overlapping is that on purpose? In the future I wonder if we can come up with the use for "mixer", "comunity" etc links.

Keep up the great job

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty much done. I just need to design the other views I'm working on for Mixer, Community, Entertainment, and Store. The programming part is done. I already have it working and everything I just need to do the design now for each of those screens. I haven't had a lot of time to do it lately. I've been really busy with other things. I have it set up so that each item there is a view. I just need to design each one. It's really easy once I get the idea in my head of what I want to do. 

32 minutes ago, Theonerm2 said:

It's pretty much done. I just need to design the other views I'm working on for Mixer, Community, Entertainment, and Store. The programming part is done. I already have it working and everything I just need to do the design now for each of those screens. I haven't had a lot of time to do it lately. I've been really busy with other things. I have it set up so that each item there is a view. I just need to design each one. It's really easy once I get the idea in my head of what I want to do. 

Sound great !! aye if you need me to design Icons & Such im ya mans ! Ill gladly add on to whatever you need in terms of art design.. Any possible way you could show me or us a preview maybe that could help to design the Icons & such ?

Could you clarify what you mean by other views. If you mean alternative views to xbox I am glad to give you some suggestions. If you mean what to do with the community, mixer etc links. Then we can all brainstorm together. Forum is a great place to get some ideas. I am also willing to contribute with graphic art if you need any help. Thank you for taking on this project. This will be a great addon for a lot of people who uses their pc as a console like me. The other day I was even thinking that xbox one x or ps4 pro could be the best all in one machine if they allowed emulators like android and 3rd party apps like kodi.

• 3 months later...