LaunchBox Community Forums

XBOX ONE THEME

isilkin

Has anyone considered contributing and creating an xbox one theme. I think it would be possible to come pretty close to it. Someone was offering a bounty for a console like them but then the topic was shut down. 

We already have a bigflix theme that looks rather similar. I think with some minor tweaks it can be modified to look and feel like the xbox one dashboard. 

I tried changing XAML myself but my knowledge is rather limited so I sort of gave up. But I wonder of there is anyone else like me who would like to see beautiful large images and a clean modern theme on the bigbox.

xbox_one_ui_1.png

Edited by isilkin

You know guys I just did a little googling and I got some interesting results. There is not one single major front end out there with a modern interface like xbox one. Everything is based on wheels or some sort of a coverflow or a list. One could think that people who like retro emulation are against all modern. lol. Of course it is not true but still not one front end had a modern ui. 

For this particular project I hope to interest someone to create an xbox one inspired UI. But overall modern to me and it is a very subjective opinion is a trend that websites follow. If you remember websites in 2000's were really cluttered with flash and animation. Later web 2.0 came around with big bubble buttons and reflective surfaces. In 2010 's there was a trend for a grundgy messy look. And now I feel like most cool websites want to have full screen images with very few elements and a minimalistic look.

Hi all, noob here, just checking out the skins for bigbox and this one could be amazing, it's real slick looking and clean and it's always a good thing to have more choice on skins, as I no friends who would look at that and think wow! When I see this type of ui it makes me think "modern" so I get what you mean

image.thumb.png.d327d09fc0650f4ae7cfdba1cc859e0f.pngI started working on a theme influenced by the Xbox One interface. The current theming engine is a bit limited for trying to make a theme like that, so that's why there aren't really any. Keep in mind this is still in it's early stages  (I just started it yesterday). The bottom two green squares on the left will have icons and not remain blank, I just haven't got that far yet.

I am very glad that we have someone who took on a challenge of creating a theme. 

I am would be glad to help you with images or research if you need to.

What is your work flow plan. Do you want to split it into  few part. Like the emulator selection screen. Then we can discuss it and make adjustments. Then the game menu screen etc.

Also, is there a way for you to post an image of the original XBOX UI so we know which part of it you are trying to imitate.

Thank you. Good Job.

@isilkin -- I appreciate the offer to help. It's looking pretty good right now, so hopefully I won't need any.

I wanted to post that I was making this theme after reading this thread since I thought it could be of interest to you and others that are reading this.

I'm not really looking to make this exactly like any specific Xbox interface. I'm just creating a theme that I like and hopefully others will too, which happens to have a modernish Xbox One interface kind of a look.

I'm open to suggestions, and if I like them I'll probably use them. But I don't think I'll be making many changes. This is something that I'm making for myself but am happy to share.

Edited by bbweiners

Could you please post an image of your game selection screen. This one I assume is the emulator screen. I have a few suggestions already but I would like to see some more of your theme. One small change that would make it better in my opinion is using fan art poster for the background. Just make it very very blurry or lower it's opacity.

Have you made any progress on the themes. Also I thought that xbox one theme is beautiful but some of its features are designed specifically for the xbox. In our case emulation is the biggest thing. So, it will need to be a bit different. I am not sure how though.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a startup theme this month given the progress of xenia :).

It is a temporary exclusive content (and more attract) for my subscribers

but I should be able to make it available for everybody next month.

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM