LaunchBox Community Forums

Alphabet letter listing - select letter

Captain starlight

Hi all,

noobie here. But I have a long listing of game titles so is there a way I can display a listing of the alphabet - ie A,B,C...etc and l click on a certain letter and then get taken to games that start with that letter?

I use JRiver for my music and it shows such an alphabet listing at the top of my screen (containing a long listing of artists that scrolls many pages) and to make things easier,  I can, click on the letter P and it will take me to all artists starting with P.  And this saves me from scrolling down heaps of entries.

Can I do that in launchbox?

thanks

In BigBox mode yes, if the view you are using has a vertical wheel press Left or Right on your controller, if the view has a horizontal wheel Up or Down will bring up the alphabet.

In LB mode you can jump to letters by pressing that letter on your keyboard and it will take you to the first game that starts with that letter.

• 4 years later...
On 1/26/2019 at 12:25 AM, Lordmonkus said:

In BigBox mode yes, if the view you are using has a vertical wheel press Left or Right on your controller, if the view has a horizontal wheel Up or Down will bring up the alphabet.

In LB mode you can jump to letters by pressing that letter on your keyboard and it will take you to the first game that starts with that letter.

Hey,

This doesn't seem to work for me in LB.  I hit a letter on my keyboard and I see some filtering is performed but the resulting list shows games that have that letter anywhere in their name.  Is there a setting or something else I have to do to only show games that start with the letter typed?

Sounds like you typed the letter in search, which isn't what this thread is about. This thread is about selecting an item in the grid and then without selecting any other element pressing the keyboard which will then jump to the first item that starts with the string you typed into essentially nothing. It works the same way it does in file explorer which has the same functionality.