LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller support lost in Retroarch after BIgBox upgrade

chowley

Thanks for joining in! This is a very curious situation.

I activated the license, fired bigbox and then launched a Genesis emulator and noticed the issue immediately. Might be some sort of weird bug. I’ll do another check on all the controller settings and see if maybe something was tweaked but I’m not sure how it happened. 

2 minutes ago, chowley said:

Thanks for joining in! This is a very curious situation.

I activated the license, fired bigbox and then launched a Genesis emulator and noticed the issue immediately. Might be some sort of weird bug. I’ll do another check on all the controller settings and see if maybe something was tweaked but I’m not sure how it happened. 

Yeah, Launchbox doesnt touch the Retroarch config files ever. All it does is pass the rom you have selected to Retroarch via commandline, it's not even aware of the config files or how to alter them even if it wanted to. So something got changed somewhere along the line, but not by Launchbox/Bigbox i'm afraid.

I un/reinstalled Retroarch and now the controller works great again...except now LaunchBox won’t play any games. 

Deleted the original RA under Manage Emulators and added a fresh instance. No games launch. Uninstalled LB and then reinstalled but it retained the entire games list and nothing plays. 

Anyone know how do I perform a complete uninstall of LaunchBox, removing all the junk the uninstaller leaves behind?

Very unfortunate how this all happens right after I pay up for the premium version. 

You shouldn't need to uninstall and reinstall LB.

When you added a fresh instance of the Retroarch emulator in LB did you name it the same as before or did you change the name ?

Use the bulk edit tool in a platform to re-set your games emulator. Select all the games and press Control + E to start the bulk edit tool, select the emulator entry from the first drop down menu and then in the 2nd dropdown pick your new Retroarch emulator entry. Also make sure that all your associated platforms are set correctly with the proper core that you want to use and make sure you have downloaded the cores you want to use.