LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade 1up modified to Vertical Cabinet w/ LCD Marquee

bedrone

6 minutes ago, antagony said:

The bezel appears to be 17.5", I am thinking if I angle the screen I can get the 20" of viewable space. Thoughts?

If you are talking left to right then yes. That is the dimension. I mentioned the measurement I gave was from the CP to the Marquee (Top to Bottom) since the original poster is running a vertical monitor. 

12 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

The distance from the top of the control panel to the bottom of the marquee is only about 40cm (15.75") if my memory is correct. 

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

If you are talking left to right then yes. That is the dimension. I mentioned the measurement I gave was from the CP to the Marquee (Top to Bottom) since the original poster was running a vertical monitor. 

Yes, I guess it's a perfect square: https://arcade1up.com/products/space-invaders-printed-plastic-bezel

17.5"x17.5" so I am shooting to make my 20" angled to make it vertically work.

4 minutes ago, antagony said:

Yes, I guess it's a perfect square: https://arcade1up.com/products/space-invaders-printed-plastic-bezel

17.5"x17.5" so I am shooting to make my 20" angled to make it vertically work.

There is 2" of that vertical measurement that sticks below the control panel. So the viewable area from top to bottom is not 17.5" It is only 15.75". 

3 minutes ago, antagony said:

got it thanks

Just to give you exact measurements I went next door to measure. Wide = 17 3/4" x Height = 16 7/8" 

That is the exact viewable area taken from his cabinet. The one I built I widened by 4" to make 2 player better for the kids. 

1 minute ago, Retro808 said:

Just to give you exact measurements I went next door to measure. Wide = 17 3/4" x Height = 16 7/8" 

That is the exact viewable area taken from his cabinet. The one I built I widened by 4" to make 2 player better for the kids. 

Thanks so much much man, appreciate it!

Kinda of related question, is it possible to go from full use of vertical screen to 4:3 in Hyperspin or Retropie? I am wondering if I could just switch to full vertical for select games, and then smaller 4:3 for other games while keeping LCD in same vertical orientation. thanks!

Edited by antagony

• 9 months later...
On 12/8/2019 at 3:13 PM, antagony said:

Kinda of related question, is it possible to go from full use of vertical screen to 4:3 in Hyperspin or Retropie? I am wondering if I could just switch to full vertical for select games, and then smaller 4:3 for other games while keeping LCD in same vertical orientation. thanks!

Yes. You can use a vertical screen to play vertical shooters and regular 4:3 ratio screen games like Street Fighters on the same screen without any problems.