LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade 1up modified to Vertical Cabinet w/ LCD Marquee

bedrone

Hi guys first timer here. I recently have modified my Arcade 1 up machine to be vertical screen with LCD marquee. Here is the picture. Take a look.

The question is, do Bigbox has vertical themes? How can I use it? Don't have a clue. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me on that. Thanks.

IMG_3122.JPG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bedrone said:

Hi guys first timer here. I recently have modified my Arcade 1 up machine to be vertical screen with LCD marquee. Here is the picture. Take a look.

The question is, do Bigbox has vertical themes? How can I use it? Don't have a clue. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me on that. Thanks.

IMG_3122.JPG

I cant help you with the question but that cab looks awesome, hope to see more photos of it :)

Wow I'll definitely try that. Thanks! 

It didn't take that long to mod it. Getting the parts is a long process but once you got it, just one or two days to work on the cabinet.

Really enjoyed the modding and having an arcade machine at home is such a blast. This small machine gives me so much fun! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys! Sorry for the late reply! I was so busy haha

ok, about the marquee screen, you can get it from Ebay easily. Not that expensive either. So go ahead over to Ebay and type something like Stretched LCD screen and you will find it there.

Hope you guys can get it and upload your own set ups!! It will be so interesting to see other people's work! Haha

Anything, just let me know. Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:50 AM, Darkseid001 said:

How do you configure the software to show marquee when you switch games what file in launch box do you put marquee images?

That's the problem here. ;) It's not done yet and am still figuring out how to do it. I could just use Hypermarquee but I hate Hyperspin. 

On 6/18/2019 at 7:50 AM, Darkseid001 said:

How do you configure the software to show marquee when you switch games what file in launch box do you put marquee images?

3 hours ago, bedrone said:

That's the problem here. ;) It's not done yet and am still figuring out how to do it. I could just use Hypermarquee but I hate Hyperspin. 

BigBox has a setting to choose which screen is primary display screen and which is the marquee screen. Once set It will then show marquees for games as well as platforms and platform categories if you have images for them as well. Keep in mind using a stretched lcd may require a xaml edit in the theme. Since most themes are coded to more traditional aspect ratios we have seen stretched lcds not show the image in the correct location. There are a couple threads already if you search that will help you if it is needed. 

Marquee images for games goes in your \Images\[Platform Name]\Arcade=Marquee folders. 

Marquee images for platforms will pull an image from the \Images\Platforms\[platform name]\Banner folder. 

Marquee image for the categories would pull an image from the \Images\Platform Categories\[platform name]\Banner folder. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 3:38 AM, Retro808 said:

BigBox has a setting to choose which screen is primary display screen and which is the marquee screen. Once set It will then show marquees for games as well as platforms and platform categories if you have images for them as well. Keep in mind using a stretched lcd may require a xaml edit in the theme. Since most themes are coded to more traditional aspect ratios we have seen stretched lcds not show the image in the correct location. There are a couple threads already if you search that will help you if it is needed. 

Marquee images for games goes in your \Images\[Platform Name]\Arcade=Marquee folders. 

Marquee images for platforms will pull an image from the \Images\Platforms\[platform name]\Banner folder. 

Marquee image for the categories would pull an image from the \Images\Platform Categories\[platform name]\Banner folder. 

Thanks! I'll get the BigBox and try it today. I've already figured out how to correct size for my marquee LCD. Will let you guys know how it goes and keep you guys posted. 

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, antagony said:

Hi, what is the size of the LCD monitor? I am wondering if I could squeeze a LCD that is 22.5" tall? Thanks

That likely will not work. I took my neighbor's MK cabinet apart to use as a template to build a small cabinet for my kids. The distance from the top of the control panel to the bottom of the marquee is only about 40cm (15.75") if my memory is correct. 

5 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

That likely will not work. I took my neighbor's MK cabinet apart to use as a template to build a small cabinet for my kids. The distance from the top of the control panel to the bottom of the marquee is only about 40cm (15.75") if my memory is correct. 

The bezel appears to be 17.5", I am thinking if I angle the screen I can get the 20" of viewable space. Thoughts?