LaunchBox Community Forums

Games won't launch.

Itzmegabits

Okay jimmy jims, I have recently obtained myself LaunchBox, and MAME. I have gotten to the process of which leaves me to launching the thousands of games in the Menus. I go to click a game, it goes to launch but It for some reason continues saying initializing and then shortly later exits the application and brings me back to the LaunchBox Menus, could anyone help me out, I'm kinda of a newbie knewwb when It comes to this sort of stuff.      Help would be really appreciated it Jims, thanks!

Could be a few things. 

1. Make sure Mame can launch the games outside of Launchbox. If it does not confirm in Mame you have it pointing to the directory you have your roms in. 

2. If it does, go to Launchbox and edit the emulator set-up for Mame. Make sure in the associated platforms tab you have the name of the Arcade platform for your games exactly as you have it listed in Launchbox. 

3. If you are using a Mame offshoot like MameUI or Arcade64 make sure the mame.ini file is located in the root folder of mame where the mame.exe is located. 

2 hours ago, Itzmegabits said:

I cannot get Mame to work either for some reason, it's saying some important files are missing? Any idea which ones? Like I said, I'm not really great at this.

Unfortunately my crystal ball isnt working today. :) So without a screenshot of what it says is missing and knowing what game you were trying to launch it will be virtually impossible to tell you what is wrong.