LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox now loading to black and grey screen

BrettL

15497461938392959038245193873286.thumb.jpg.948245d7117965352339ee9e8f6710c7.jpgEvening I left my launchbox open on my laptop and went to work when I got home it now looks like the pic the grey box on the side opens up the edit menu all other box's do nothing. Big box still works fine and launches games any ideas anyone? Edit It's version 9.3 by the way

Edited by BrettL
Version update

1 minute ago, BrettL said:

I've tried rolling back to 9.2 and still have the same issue. If I uninstall it would I lose all my emulator settings and have to start again or will it save them? Could my theme of been corrupted somehow? 

I have never seen that before and have no idea how it could of happened. You could try removing the settings.xml from the Launchbox/Data folder (just move it out for the time being) and see if Launchbox will load. Are you getting any errors at all?

That seems to have fixed it. I was not getting any errors at all but as you advised I moved the settings file and then updated it back to 9.3 and everything seems to be working again. thanks for your help Neil. I'll be able to sleep tonight now??

Just now, BrettL said:

That seems to have fixed it. I was not getting any errors at all but as you advised I moved the settings file and then updated it back to 9.3 and everything seems to be working again. thanks for your help Neil. I'll be able to sleep tonight now??

OK good to know. If you look in your Launchbox/Backups folder you should find copy's of the settings.xml with the date ammended to the file name. You can try and renaming one of them back so it is just called settings.xml and putting that into Launchbox/Data folder. Obviously you would want to use one with a time and date previous to the issue occurring.  

Strange one for sure though and i would be interested in how it happened in the first place.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

This just happened to me on the 11.14 update. It looks like I pulled up the bottom bar which contains the volume controls, and the quick play/add/configure buttons. It can be dragged all the way to the top, in line with the application window edges and over the min/max/exit buttons on the top left. If left there, there is NO way to resolve without defaulting your settings to the backup. Thank you for sharing this.

Also to add, the backup settings which are dated are in an archive which you can extract the data file and replace. If you have a large library with lots of images this is a critical thing to have since that settings file seems to link all your images to the games. (videos too).