LaunchBox Community Forums
stevenmh

XB1 controller right stick not working in MAME

Generally speaking, I've got my XB1 controllers working fine in the games where I use them.  However, in a couple of the dual-joystick games, Robotron 2084 and Karate Champ, the right analog stick doesn't work correctly.  It has a constant input and as I rotate the stick, it only hits the diagonals, not the cardinal directions.  I've tried two different controllers.  This is on MAME .205.  I've hit TAB in game and double checked the inputs.  I'm not sure what else to try.  Has anyone else run into this and solved it?

Just tested those 2 games and it seems like it worked fine.  On your input selections for the game, is it showing [for right joystick] "Joy 1 RSY -" (etc..) like this?:image.thumb.png.435cf052c63cedc9fbf76136b563140e.png 

If it seemed fine for you, then you're not having the problem.  You can't miss it.

Yes, my setup looks exactly like that.  What version are you running?

Found another guy with identical in game behavior with his controller, but his only does it with Retroarch and works fine in MAME itself.  He's on .177.

Edited by stevenmh

.206, but that part shouldn't matter.  ...until now that I just read your edit. lol

Not that it should make a difference, my controller is the 360 (vs One).

Just tried Robotron again and confirmed all's good here.  Was able to shoot all 8 directions.  And after playing it for more than just a few seconds this time had an "oh crap! I remember playing this game in the arcade!!  ..moment. :)  Sorry, no help here.

I remember having this problem at one point, but I can't remember exactly how I fixed it.  I'm pretty sure it only happened in retroarch with a mame core like the person you found.  I've since switched to using the standalone mame and not had any problems.

I'm assuming you're not running .206 via a retroarch core?  I'm running .201 personally fwiw.

Figured it out.  Joystick deadzone was set to 0.  Bumped it to 0.15 and it works fine now.  I appreciate everyone trying to help.

• Like 2