LaunchBox Community Forums

Substitute Developers for Publishers?

vaderag

8 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Not automatically. You would have to edit the theme. It could probably be coded for a fallback to Developer if the Publisher field was empty. That would require you being able to code the change or the theme developer willing to do it for you. 

@SNAK3ATER ?! ;) 

Guessing it's something to do with

<Setter Property="Text" Value="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Developer}" />
                                <Style.Triggers>
                                    <DataTrigger Binding="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Developer}" Value="">
                                        <Setter Property="Text" Value="- - -" />
                                    </DataTrigger>

But having not looked properly at how these themes work I'm purely guessing right now...

Yes, you could change that to read "{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Publisher}" then it would simply only return data from the Publisher field. You would likely need to do that for each view that you would use in the theme. This is based solely on my limited knowledge of coding messing around with startup themes. 

3 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yes, you could change that to read "{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Publisher}" then it would simply only return data from the Publisher field. You would likely need to do that for each view that you would use in the theme. This is based solely on my limited knowledge of coding messing around with startup themes. 

It would be nice to get an IF statement in there (if I knew how!)