LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME BigBox help

InfinityFox

I’ve got a number of mame games Within one of my arcade categories that don’t launch in BigBox or Launchbox. When I right click the game within LB I see there are a number of versions from North America, Asia, and Japan. When I select the game in BB it appears that it is loading one of the North American games. All of the American versions in LB and BB don’t load.

I wondered if there was a way to tell BB to load a certain a version of a game within a mame archive? I thought I could unrar  the particular archive and remove the non working games but thought that would break things so decided not to.

Any help would be most appreciated

Sounds like you don't have a complete MAME set.  LB/BB will open up the specific region game without having mess with the ROMs as long as they are named correctly.  Do the games open up outside of LB in MAME?  You mentioned RAR, I am assuming your files are in ZIP format, correct?  If in RAR format that is an issue (try a zip format if that is case). 

Edited by sundogak