LaunchBox Community Forums

Change default game images

KevinP

I'm trying to change the image folder that LB uses for games in the system screen. EG I have some 3D box art I downloaded for MSX2 but can't figure out how to make those the default images instead of Screenshot Game Title. But there are some systems I'd like to use those or Cart-Front, etc...

This is likely a simple thing but I have looked and looked and can't find how to do this. I may not be using the correct search terms in Google... Have a feeling I'll be face palming when someone tells me how to do this and how simple it is... :)

msx2.jpg

Under "Image Group" at the top of you menu on the right you can set the image type you want for each platform. You don't need to change the image folder.

Also if you go into Tools>Options then look in the "Images" section under Legacy you will see image priorities. You can set additional image options for certain categories that will allow an alternate image if the primary image is missing. Example: 3D Box - If a game is missing a 3D box you can have it fallback to Back Front or Steam Banner. You can reorganize the priority order and list as many as you like. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 6.50.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 6.54.43 AM.png

• 1 year later...

Is there a way to change the image group for a single game instead of All of them?

I have a few Steam games like Ai War 2 that only have a steam banner that displays with the box art for everything else and it looks wrong because they are different sizes but some of those games have posters that would look good with the box art of everything else.     Changing to the 3D boxes which would then display the poster instead of the banner makes the problem worse with other changes.