LaunchBox Community Forums

can't load gb roms when using Retroarch through Launchbox?

ModerateNOOB

Hello community.

I can't get Retroarch to run any of my gb roms?, There are no problems when trying to run other roms like nes or atari or running the gb roms directly through Retroarch.

I've tried setting it up on Launchbox using 4 different gb cores, But it won't even boot them??.

I was having a problem running a certain rom using gambatte/sameboy/Visualboyadvance (showed only a white screen), And suddenly found out that Retroarch wouldn't boot any of them on Launchbox when trying that solution instead??.

Regards.

So if you try to run GameBoy roms directly in Retroarch it works, correct?

If so, in your Retroarch setup in Launchbox if you edit it and look in the associated platforms tabs do you have the platform name for GameBoy listed there and is it listed exactly as you have it showing up as the platform name in Launchbox?

In the Edit Emulator pic you provided I cannot see your GameBoy listing. Do you have GameBoy somewhere in the associated platforms? Is it down lower in the list? 

Any platform you add to Launchbox that is going to use Retroarch you need to have the name of it listed in the Associate Platforms tab. 

Oh sorry.

Are you not supposed to use the gameboy color platform for gameboy also?

I didnt have it in the list to begin with, But now i added a new platform called nintendo gameboy and attached the gambatte core there, But it still won't run it.

This is my first time using Retroarch with Gameboy.

Capture.PNG2.thumb.PNG.4d1b0554607f2b64ca8f6337f14be71e.PNG

It does not matter that in RA GBC and GB will use the same core. That is all RA related and LB just needs to know what platform to link to what emulator or emulators if you have multiple set up that can run the same game. 

Anytime you add a platform into Launchbox you have to make sure in the emulators setup (inside Launchbox) the platform name is listed in the Associated platforms tab of whatever emulator it will launch with. That is how Launchbox links the platform and the game in it with a specific emulator. 

You also have to make sure the name of the Platform as you have it listed in Launchbox is the same way you enter it into the Associated Platform field. 

For example: You can see Launchbox shows my platform name is "Nintendo Game Boy" so in the Retroarch Associated Platforms tab I have to make sure it lists exactly "Nintendo Game Boy". If I spell it wrong and name it differently Launchbox will not work correctly. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.40.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.41.23 PM.png

• Thanks 1