LaunchBox Community Forums

Strange Issue with PCSX2

The Papaw

I have ran into a strange issue with LB/BB v9.8.4beta. It has done this in all versions of 9.8. I am using PCSX2 for my PS2 emulation. I have my roms stored on a NAS. I have the NAS drive mapped as a drive in the Windows 10 machines. I had/have my emulators and LB (portable versions) on internal drives on each PC. (I need the roms on the NAS because they are shared with 3 pc's and 3 Shields. I prefer to keep all the apps on the individual devices so they easily each have their own saved games data, etc...

Okay PCSX2 and Cemu will not allow me to browse to the mapped drive for some reason, they both show it red x'ed out in Win10, so for testing, I made a copy of both the emulators and moved them to the NAS drive, changed it in LB to point to the copies on the NAS drive and they both work just fine.....almost. Here is the strange part, PCSX2 plays every game I tested that uses a "iso" file fine, but if the game is a using a bin & cue file, it will take me to the loading screen, back to desktop, black screen (like it is starting), then back to desktop. However, it will run fine if I eliminate running it via LB and run it from straight from the emulator??

BTW- Same using LB or BB

Any ideas anyone???

Edited by Wanderer189

Also, as for the mapping issue, not sure if this is that issue or not, but Windows 10 sometimes has issues with mapping to host names ... if that's how you're mapping your drive.  If so, perhaps try access to the NAS drive via it's ip (eg. \\192.168.2.100 or whatever it's internal IP is) and see if the emulators are able to access it that way.

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

Are you using the bin or the cue for PCSX2 it is looking for the bin and not the cue file like most emulators.

Thanks DOS76, When I "added roms for PS2" it was using the cue file, changed to bin and that fixed it, I want to look into what CDBlue said next, that might be a better solution if it works for me, the way I am doing it now, I have mutiple copies of the emulators on the NAS, one for each PC, rather have them on the local pc that is using it...

6 hours ago, CDBlue said:

Also, as for the mapping issue, not sure if this is that issue or not, but Windows 10 sometimes has issues with mapping to host names ... if that's how you're mapping your drive.  If so, perhaps try access to the NAS drive via it's ip (eg. \\192.168.2.100 or whatever it's internal IP is) and see if the emulators are able to access it that way.

@CDBlue: Well, I have had some success with this. I was able to get it to work with Cemu, but rather than using the actual IP, I had to use the network location that Win 10 is assigning to the NAS drive, rather than using the mapped drive.

As far as PCSX2, only way I can get it to work correct is the roms and emulator have to both be on the same, whether it be local on the pc or both being on the NAS. Will keep tinkering, but I think that is about as good as I'm going to get it. I have yet to test it one a 2nd pc yet.

Edited by Wanderer189