LaunchBox Community Forums

One Launchbox with two RetroArch installations?

Wally

Hi all,

I need to have my Launchbox control two RetroArch installations.

I have my RetroArch set to Vulkan but there are some cores that use only OpenGL (eg Muppen, Reicast etc)

Overide video driver does not work correctly inside RetroArch. :(

I want to somehow add a second RetroArch (a new folder or new executable) in Launchbox Emulators  section (I could call it Retroarch GL or retroarchGL.exe respectively) and use the cores of this RetroArch for the OpenGL cores.

Is that possible?

Thank you

7 minutes ago, Wally said:

Hi all,

I need to have my Launchbox control two RetroArch installations.

I have my RetroArch set to Vulkan but there are some cores that use only OpenGL (eg Muppen, Reicast etc)

Overide video driver does not work correctly inside RetroArch. :(

I want to somehow add a second RetroArch (a new folder or new executable) in Launchbox Emulators  section (I could call it Retroarch GL or retroarchGL.exe respectively) and use the cores of this RetroArch for the OpenGL cores.

Is that possible?

Thank you

Yep, that's totally possible. Just as you say name it differently then set it up with associated platforms like usual.

• Like 1

Thank you Neil

I did add a second one called RetroArchGL and did all the configuration needed BUT...

when I doubleclick eg a Dreamcast game it does nothing but when I right-click and select the only selection (shown in screenshot) which is retroarchGL...it works fine..

Why?

Clipboard01r.jpg

You need to tell the games to use the new emulator now. Click one of the games then CTRL A to highlite them all in that platform, right click one and edit, this will open the bulk edit wizard, in the first dropdown choose emulator, then in the second that appears after the emulator you now want to use, finish out the wizard and start a game.

• Like 1